Is your communication planning approach connected to the goals of your business? Can you measure the value of your communication planning efforts once the plan has been executed? So often as communication professionals we are asked to create plans that focus on communication tactics, without assessing the real strategic impact of what the plan will accomplish. This Webinar provides a step-by-step approach to developing a communication plan that is truly strategic and connected to your business.
What You Will Learn:
- Creating a vision of the desired future state, based on the current situation
- Identifying what is important to focus on, based on the vision
- Developing clear objectives based on your priorities
- Aligning messaging, strategy and tactics to your objectives
- Gaining buy in for your plan, based on the impact it will have on the business
Questions that will be answered:
- What does is mean to be strategic?
- How do you develop a meaningful vision?
- How do you determine which elements of the vision are most important?
- What are the strategies and tactics that will have the most impact?
- How do you gain support for your plan?
- What are effective ways to measure impact?
Who Should Purchase?
- Communications professionals who want to enhance their partnership and value to the business.
Barbara Fagan-Smith is the founder and CEO of ROI Communications, Inc., an award-winning internal communications consulting firm focused on helping large organizations adapt and succeed in times of change. Building on more than two decades of experience in corporate communications and journalism, she leads ROI’s work with Fortune 500 companies, helping them develop and manage effective internal communication projects that deliver clear business results.Since its launch in 2001, ROI Communications has worked with a broad array of major clients, including Hewlett- Packard, Sun Microsystems, Adobe Systems, Blue Shield of California, Cisco Systems, The Gap, Maxtor, Oak Technology and DreamWorks. ROI Communications was most recently recognized with multiple awards from the American Society of Professional Communicators and the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) for its standard-setting work in change communications.Prior to founding ROI Communications, Barbara was the director of employee and electronic communications at Quantum Corporation and director of interactive communications at Simply Interactive, Inc.
Before her career in corporate communications, Barbara worked as a London-based television producer for ABC News, where she covered the revolutions in Eastern Europe and the 1991 Gulf War. Earlier, she covered international business and produced national radio programs for ABC. She holds a B.A. in Journalism and Communications from Humboldt State University.